ECCO Research Fellowships for International Applicants in Europe
Amrita Center for International Programs is happy to announce ECCO Research Fellowships for International Applicants in Europe, 2015.
Scholarship Description:- The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization (ECCO) offers Research Fellowships to encourage and help young individuals in their career and promote innovative scientific research in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases in Europe. Applicants should be aware that these awards are offered to promote and encourage innovative research in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases by young and enthusiastic basic and/or clinical scientists. Individuals with a well established career in the field of IBD research are not considered eligible for these fellowships.
Eligibility:- In order to be eligible, the candidate must:
- Not be older than 40 years or still in training at the time of application;
- Submit an original research project using the “ECCO Fellowships/Grants Technical Appendix”, not exceeding 13 pages;
- Having a hosting laboratory and/or department outside one’s own country, which has accepted to host and guide the Fellow under the supervision of a designated host for the duration of the Fellowship. The hosting institution is responsible, together with the Fellow, for the successful completion of the project;
- If your hosting institute holds a current ECCO Fellowship, then another application for this period is not possible. Therefore, an institution cannot apply for two ECCO Fellowships in consecutive years;
- ECCO Fellowship applicants and their hosts need to be ECCO Members (at the time of application);
- ECCO Fellowship applicants are not limited to the ECCO Member Countries and can apply for non-European countries, but the benefit to ECCO has to be clearly stated;
- Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. The principal purpose is to enhance the fabric and scientific contribution of ECCO. Exceptional circumstances such as an ECCO Member from an ECCO Member state travelling to a non-member state will be considered, but such an application is likely to receive a lower priority than an ECCO Member from a non-European country visiting Europe.
What does it cover:-A total amount of 40.000 Euro will be awarded for one ECCO Fellowship Salary of the fellow in 2013. If, after the award of an ECCO Fellowship, a separate application for funding the project is successful, then the host is required to inform SciCom. This is to allow appropriate discussion of a separate funding body providing the salary of the individual and recognition of ECCO support. Scholarship Application Deadline:-October 1, 2014.
How to Apply:For further information visit the given link below and please apply directly as per instructions in the link below.
For further information contact:
Sujatha / Indira Coordinator, AMRITA Center for International Programs
(Please use subject title: ECCO Research Fellowships)