Fully Funded PhD Opportunity from University of the Armed Forces Munich, Germany
Amrita Center for International Programs invites applications to a Fully Funded PhD for Doctoral researcher position in the field of formal methods in control.
Applications are invited for a doctoral researcher position in the field of formal methods in control. The successful candidate is expected to advance theory of as well as computational methods for abstraction-based controller synthesis, to a degree that facilitates routine, fully automated, practical application of the approach to nonlinear continuous-state plants and complex specifications. The project involves theoretical work, software development, and, on a small scale, experimental work.
- Strong interest in dynamical systems and control.
- A Masters degree (or equivalent, giving access to doctoral studies) in a related field such as Systems and Control, Computer Science, or Mathematics, with a strong theoretical background
- Excellent academic record
- Proficiency in programming (C or Ada)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience in one of the following fields would be a plus: Nonlinear dynamical systems; formal methods in control; reactive synthesis; set-valued or validated numerics; dynamic programming; game theory; modeling and control of UAVs; professional-grade software development.
No coursework needs to be done, PhD is solely focussed on doing research. Expected duration of the PhD is expected to be four years or more. The successful candidate will spend their entire PhD at the Munich, Germany.
Interested / Eligible candidates please fill out the form below and send your resume to Amrita Center for International Programs (ACIP) to email@example.com (Please use subject title: PhD at UAFM, Germany)
Deadline : Please let us know your interest by February 20th, 2016.
For further information contact:
Sujatha / Kartik
Coordinator, AMRITA Center for International Programs
(Please use subject title: PhD at UAFM, Germany)