Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for Foreign Research Students in Japan, 2015
Amrita Center for International Programs is happy to announce Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for Foreign Research Students in Japan, 2015
SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study in graduate courses at Japanese universities either as (non-degree) student or regular student for a degree under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2015 as follows.
- Academic Background: Applicants must be a graduate from a Japanese university or have academic ability equal or superior to that of a Japanese university graduate.
WHAT DOES IT COVER:
- Allowance: Each grantee will be provided monthly with 143,000 yen (Research Students(non-regular students),144,000yen (regular students in Master’s courses or professional graduate courses), or 145,000yen(regular students in doctoral courses). An additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be provided to those undertaking study or research in specially designated regions. However, the amount of allowance will be subject to change depending upon the annual budget of the Japanese government for each fiscal year. The scholarship will not be paid to a grantee who takes a leave of absence or is long absent from the assigned university or the preparatory Japanese-teaching institution.
- Traveling Costs:
- Transportation to Japan: Each grantee will be supplied in general, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, with an economy-class airplane ticket from the international airport nearest to his/her home address to the New Tokyo International Airport or any other international airport that the assigned university usually uses. Expenses such as domestic transportation from his/her home address to the international airport, airport tax, airport usage fees, special taxes on travel, or inland transportation within Japan will not be supplied.
- Transportation from Japan: The grantee who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied, in general, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for the travel from the New Tokyo International Airport (or any other international airport that the assigned university uses as a normal route) to the international airport nearest to his/her home address.
- Note 1: If a grantee returns home without an extension though having applied for extension of scholarship period, he/she will not be paid travel expenses to return home in general.
- Note 2: Insurance premiums for travel to/from Japan shall be borne by the grantee.
- Note 3: If a grantee continues to stay in Japan after the scholarship period has ended, he/she will not be paid travel expenses to return home as the temporary return.
- School Fees: Fees for matriculation, tuition and entrance examinations at a university will be paid by the Japanese government. If the grantee moves on to higher education as a non-degree student or fails the entrance examinations, he/she will pay for entrance examinations.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: The deadlines of the application differ according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
HOW TO APPLY: For further information visit the given link below and please apply directly as per instructions in the link below.
For further information contact:
Sujatha / Indira
AMRITA Center for International Programs
(Please use subject title: Japanese (MEXT) Scholarships)