Amrita Center for International Programs is happy to announce W J Weeden Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Canberra, 2014.
Scholarship Description: This Scholarship is generously funded by the family of the late W J Weeden. The PhD scholarship provides exemption from tuition fees for international students. It offers a stipend (living allowance) equivalent to the Australian Postgraduate Award ($24,653 per annum 2013 rate, tax free and indexed annually) and is available for the duration of the course (up to 3 years). Eligibility: To be eligible for a Weeden Stipend, an applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment;
- be enrolled, or be seeking to enrol, as a full-time candidate in a Doctor of Philosophy course at the University;
- be a domestic or international applicant to a higher degree by Research course at University of Canberra; and
- not have consumed more than 2.5 equivalent full-time study load (EFTSL) (i.e. have been enrolled in a maximum of 2.5 years full-time equivalent (FTE) study) in current enrolment in a HDR by the date that stipend payments are due to commence.
A Weeden Stipend will not be awarded to a candidate who:
- is in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the Weeden Stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule;
- is on paid study leave;
- holds a research doctorate or equivalent;
- has previously held a Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship (including an APA or an Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry) (APAI)) unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing; or
- has consumed more than 2.5 EFTSL in current enrolment in a HDR by the date that stipend payments are due to commence.
What does it cover:-The PhD scholarship provides exemption from tuition fees for international students. It offers a stipend (living allowance) equivalent to the Australian Postgraduate Award. In 2014, the stipend will be paid at the following rates:
- $25, 392 pa tax-free for a full-time candidate; and
- $12, 696 pa taxable for a part-time candidate.
The Weeden Stipend rates are indexed each year to compensate for increases in living costs. Scholarship Application Deadline: 31st October 2014.
How to Apply: For further information visit the given link below and please apply directly as per instructions in the link below.
For further information contact:
Sujatha / Indira
Coordinator, AMRITA Center for International Programs
(Please use subject title:W J Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Canberra)