Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research university that is accredited 'A' by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research universities in India. The university is spread across five campuses in three states of India - Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the University headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Amrita Technology Business Incubator (TBI) is inviting applications for the post of Director Incubation. The work location is Amritapuri, Kollam.
Amrita TBI is a non-profit incubator supported by Govt. of India and Amrita University that funds, mentors and nurtures ideas, startups and entrepreneurs. Amrita TBI has won the National Award for being the Best Technology Business Incubator in the country. Amrita TBI has incubated 76 startups, mentored 216 startup ideas and has zero loss from its investments.
- Direct and manage the incubation of startups at Amrita TBI
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge in multiple technology areas, and extensive knowledge of applications
- Assist startups in the areas of strategy, product-market fit, business plan development and market analysis
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, Government bodies, service companies and partners
- Define deliverables, timelines and monitor progress of startups
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, and management
- Quick decision making, innovative approach to solving problem is must
- Strategic Thinker – Implement strategies to progress the organization forward, set goals, action plans, and able to evaluate process and results
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. Special impetus on executive presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an MBA degree
- 10+ years’ experience in operations management capacity
- Founder of a startup or working for a startup as one of the first few employees is preferred
- Prior experience at an investment firm, incubator is preferred
- Strategic Partnerships: Leading an Innovation Agenda with Key Partners to grow in new global ecosystems
Candidates fulfilling the above conditions are invited to apply for the post.