Ahead of the placements this year, the Alma Connect Club and the Placement Committee (Placecom) of Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore organized two Alumni Placement Boot Camps at the campus in the months of August and September. Designed exclusively for the second year MBA students, the Boot Camps trained students on various aspects of placements, ranging from application preparation to choosing the right job. The Boot Camps witnessed a remarkable participation from the alumni. Thirty-five alumni attended the first Boot Camp and thirty-three alumni took part in the second one.
“The Alumni Placement Boot Camp provided a rigorous training for the students. Besides the mock interviews and group discussions, it helped the students with application preparation, interview skills, and prominently, in choosing the right company based on their career dream,” said Ms. Saranya Damodaran, Alumni Coordinator, and Student Mentor. “In addition to the training, the students grabbed a clear cut understanding of the expectations of the industry and the ways to train accordingly. The alumni, who had been through the placement process during their tenure in the campus, could reflect the actual scenarios, another huge benefit for the students,” she added.
The first Boot Camp, held in the month of August, began with an inauguration ceremony. Dr. Shrikanth G. Kulkarni, Professor of Marketing, along with few senior alumni, lighted the lamp. In his address to students, Dr. Kulkarni reinforced the importance and contribution of the alumni to the Amrita School of Business. Other faculty members including Dr. P. Balasubramanian, Dr. Mridula Sahay, Dr. Sangeetha, and Dr. Suresh also welcomed the alumni and expressed gratitude for their immense contribution to the institution. Dr. Lynnea Ericksson, Senior Career Counselor, University of Washington, also joined the camp.
Mr. Manoj John Chacko, Associate Director, E&Y GTH Kerala, was the Chief Guest for the second Alumni Boot Camp held in September. Dr. Sanjay Banerji, Professor Emeritus, welcomed the crowd on behalf of the ASB Chairman Dr. R. Raghu Raman. He shared his experiences of working as a consultant in Hindustan Steel Limited (Steel Authority of India). As part of the Boot Camp, sessions were held which included common interactive sessions, domain-wise interactions, and mock personal interviews and group discussions. After each session, the alumni provided personalized one-to-one feedback to the students.
List of Alumni participating in Alumni Placement Boot Camps
- Mr. Varadharajan S. V., Financial Analyst (Product control), Deutsche bank (Class of 2015).
- Mr. Sree Aathithyan, Management Trainee – Finance, TCS (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Mohammed Yaseen, Business Development Executive, L'oreal (Class of 2013)
- Mr. Arunkumar Krishnasamy, Senior Territory Manager, Mahindra Automotive and Farm Equipment Sectors (Class of 2013)
- Mr. Ashwin S. K., Lighting Engineer, Philips Lighting (Class of 2015)
- Ms. Bhargavi P., Product Marketer and Partnerships, Cucumbertown (Class of 2013)
- Mr. Shiva Subramanian S, Product Manager, ManageArtworks (Class of 2004)
- Mr. Saravanan, Asst. Director, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory (Class of 2001)
- Mr. Arun Babu, Assistant Manager Marketing, Infosys (Class of 2012)
- Mr. Vignesh Kashyap, Management Trainee – HR, Pantaloons (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Vishnu Tharaavth, Consumer Channel Sales Trainee, Philips Lighting India (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Raghunath. K. R., Entrepreneur (Class of 2012)
- Mr. Bikash R. Shil, Senior Consultant - Integrated Supply Chain Bristlecone (Class of 2008)
- Ms. Prathimaa Vinothini, Beroe (Class of 2014))
- Mr. Venkatraman. J, Bosch (Class of 2014)
- Mr. Sree Aathithyan, Management Trainee - Finance Finance 2016
- Mr. Prahalad P. Senior Business Consultant, Stan Ventures Marketing 2014
- Mr. Deepak Sakthivel Credit Manager - Kotak Mahindra Bank Marketing 2015
- Mr. Aravindam A., Finance (Class of 2015)
- Mr. Sri Sailesh V, Tax Consultant, Deloitte India (Class of 2015)
- Mr. Maruthu Prasad, Operations Analyst, UST Global (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Poorna Prakash, Ernest & Young (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Subbu C., Marketing, Future Group (Class of 2011)
- Ms. Arun Preethi Pillai, Research Executive Trainee (RET), TNS (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Ram Lakshmanan, Lantra Soft (Class of 2012)
- Mr. Sreekant Sankar P., Postpaid Territory Sales Manager, Idea Cellular Ltd (Class of 2014)
- Mr. Swathik H., Sales Officer, Philips Trade Lighting (Class of 2015)
- Mr. Akhila G. B., Product Marketer, Zoho Corp (Class of 2015)
- Mr. Sunil, BNY Mellon (Class of 2016)
- Mr. Ganesh, Robot Rosch (Class of 2016)