The 5th year students of Pharm D (2013 batch) and Pharm D PB (2016 batch), Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi, attended an International Conference on Advanced Pharmacy Practice at Acharya B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, on 18th and 19th December 2017.
More than 700 delegates attended the conference from various pharmacy colleges in India. There were sessions by international speakers from different universities of USA. Students presented posters in the scientific sessions and also participated in various programmes like Spellrx, Case Maze and Dance Competitions.
Anila K. N., Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi, delivered a talk on “Clinical Pharmacist Led Anticoagulation Service”. The students presented posters on Advanced Pharmacy Practice. The topics of presentation were:
- "Assessment of Treatment Outcome in Tuberculosis Patients Approaching a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital" by Ms. Riya Jaison.
- "Rapid Onset Obesity with Hypothalamic Dysfunction Hypoventilation and Autonomous Dysregulation" by Mr. Vishnu S. Nair.
- "A Case Report on a Rare Neurological Disorder -Sturge Weber Syndrome with Port Wine Stain Attribute" by Ms. Jyothisree Vijay.
- "A Rare Cyanotic Congenital Heart Defect : Taussig-Bing Anomaly" by Elna M Reji.
- "Adult Onset Stills Disease a Deviation from the Paradigm" on Ms. Nafiya Muhammad Zacharia.
- "Combined X Linked Agammaglobulinemia and Immuno Deficiency - A Rare Case Report" by Ms. Irene Elizabeth Mathew.
- "Adult Onset Pompes Disease - A Case Report" by Ms. Meenu George.