Amrita Students Win Big at OMRG 2016 Robotics Contest, Singapore
Students of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri Campus, won major prizes in several categories at the OMRG 2016 Robotics Contest held at Singapore on February 21, 2016. Twenty-one teams from different countries contested in the final round.
Amrita has won the largest numbers of prizes in Open Category (four prizes) and one prize in 'Under 18' category. The robotic designs of all teams were carried out at the Humanitarian and Technology Labs (HuT Labs), Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri Campus.
Open Category :
- Second Prize for Gesture based Navigational Platform by Third Year BTech students, Arsha, Aparna, Parvathy and Akhil.
- Fifth Prize for Hand Orthosis Robot for stroke patients by Third Year BTech students, Likhith, Rajesh, Nirmal, Vinu and N Vignesh.
- Best Mechanical Design Award for Amaran - a robotic coconut tree climber by Third Year BTech students, Harsha, Vignesh S, Sarath, Surya, Vishnu R, Venkatraj and Sai Kumar.
- Best Marketable Design Award for ClePa- a staircase cleaning robot by first year BTech students, Abhijeet, Aditya, Aravind, Bharath and Arjun.
Under 18 Category:
- Second Prize for Swachak - An autonomous room cleaning robot by first year BTech students, Aniketh, Pavanth, Aswin S. and Naveen.