Amrita University invites candidates for Full-time and Part-time PhD- Admissions 2015
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham invites applications for admissions to PhD Degree program 2015 on Full Time/ Part Time basis for the academic year 2015-2016.
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme
The department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), MCIT, Government of India has granted scholarships under the scheme titled “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme”. Under this scheme presently admissions are open to PhD Degree program on Full Time/ Part Time basis. Amrita School of Engineering invites candidates for full time and part time Ph. D. admission. PhD candidates will be admitted to Departments of Computer Science, Electrical and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering as well as Research centers in Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore.
BROAD RESEARCH AREAS INCLUDE:
Evolutionary Computing, Next Gen Computing, High Performance Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Vision and Medical Imaging, Multimedia Signal Processing and Security, Internet of Things, Wireless Security, Big Data, ICT, Machine Intelligence Research, Hardware Security, Signal Processing, Nano-devices, Early Warning Framework for Mission Critical Applications, SCADA system security, Secure and Reliant Software Systems, Advanced Wireless Technologies for Disaster Management, Smart Environments, Embedded Systems, Microwave and RF Engineering, Wireless Health Systems, Sensor Development, Computational Engineering and Networking
ELIGIBILITY: CGPA 8.0 and above in B. Tech. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.C.A. in CSE, ECE, EEE, IT, from NAAC ‘A’ recognized institutes and should be GATE Qualified.
- Viveshwaraya Full Time Scholarship Rs. 22,500/- per month for first two years and Rs. 25,000/- per month for next three years. HRA is available to those that do not reside in the campus
- Viveshwaraya Part Time Scholarship Rs. 2.5 Lakhs on successful completion of the PhD degree.
Admission is open now. Interested Candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com
Selection will be based on a written test followed by an interview.
Last Date to Apply: June 30, 2015
Funded Full-time PhD Fellowships
Fellowships will include Tuition waiver and Rs.15000 per month stipend.
Students can pursue PhD in the following areas:
- Engineering (CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Allied Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nano Sciences)
- Pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Humanities & Social Sciences
ELIGIBILITY GENERAL GUIDELINES:
Applicants with First Class with Distinction with CGPA above 8.0 at the preceding degree. Having CSIR, UGC NET, GATE qualification, CAT qualification is a plus
- For PhD in Engineering, the preceding degree may be B. E., B.Tech, M. E., M. Tech, M. Phil., M. Sc.
- For PhD in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nanoscience), the preceding degree may be B. E., B. Tech., M. E., M. Tech., M. Sc., MBBS + 2 yr. diploma, BAMS plus two year diploma, MHA, MPharm, MDS, DNB, M.S. and M.D.
- For PhD in Business, the preceding degree may be Bachelor’s in Engineering, Medicine, Law or other professional qualifaction. The candidate may also have an MBA or PGDM from an AICTE recongnized institution
- For PhD in Humarities & Social Sciences, the preceding degree may be M. A., M. Com., M. F. A. and M. S. W.
- For PhD in Pure Sciences, the preceding degree may be in M. E., M. Tech., M. Sc., M. Phil.
Admission will be based on an entrance examination followed by interview.
To apply, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date to Apply: July 31, 2015