Amrita University Invites Candidates for Full-time PhD- Admissions 2016-2017
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University invites candidates for Full- Time admission with Scholarship. Seeking PhD candidates in the Amrita campuses at Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Kochi and Mysore.
- Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering)
- Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nanosciences, Biotechnology, Ayurveda)
- Pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Business & Management
Fully Funded Scholarships
Types of Scholarships include:
- Government of India Visvesvaraya scholarships
- Industry sponsored scholarships resulting in guaranteed positions at sponsored companies
- University scholarships that may include tuition waiver. Stipends vary from Rs. 15000 p.m. to Rs. 35000 p.m.
ELIGIBILITY GENERAL GUIDELINES
Applicants with First Class with Distinction with CGPA above 8.0 at the preceding degree. Having CSIR, UGC NET, GATE qualification, CAT, GRE qualification is a plus
- For PhD in Engineering, the preceding degree may be B. E., B. Tech, M. E., M. Tech., M. Phil., M. Sc.
- For PhD in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nanosciences), the preceding degree may be B. E., B. Tech., M. E., M. Tech., M. Sc., MBBS + 2 yr. diploma, BAMS plus two year diploma, MHA, MPharm, MDS, DNB, M.S. and M.D.
- For PhD in Business, the preceding degree may be Bachelor’s in Engineering, Medicine, Law or other professional qualification. The candidate may also have an MBA or PGDM from an AICTE recognized institution
- For PhD in Humanities & Social Sciences, the preceding degree may be M. A., M. Com., M. F. A. and M. S. W.
For PhD in Pure Sciences, the preceding degree may be in M. E., M. Tech., M. Sc., M. Phil.
- Interested Candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selection will be based on a written test followed by an interview.
- Last Date to Apply: June 20, 2016
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme
The department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), MCIT, Government of India has granted scholarships under the scheme titled “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme”. Under this scheme presently admissions are open to PhD Degree program on Full Time/ Part Time basis. Amrita School of Engineering invites candidates for full time and part time Ph. D. admission. PhD candidates will be admitted to Departments of Computer Science, Electrical and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering as well as Research centers in Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore.
Broad Research Areas in Computer Science and Electronics Disciplines include:
Evolutionary Computing, Next Gen Computing, High Performance Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Vision and Medical Imaging, Multimedia Signal Processing and Security, Internet of Things, Wireless Security, Big Data, ICT, Machine Intelligence Research, Hardware Security, Signal Processing, Nano-devices, Early Warning Framework for Mission Critical Applications, SCADA system security, Secure and Reliant Software Systems, Advanced Wireless Technologies for Disaster Management, Smart Environments, Embedded Systems, Microwave and RF Engineering, Wireless Health Systems, Sensor Development, Computational Engineering and Networking
- CGPA 8.0 and above in B. Tech. / M.Tech. / M. Sc. / M. C. A. in CSE, ECE, EEE, IT, from NAAC ‘A’ recognized institutes and should be GATE Qualified.
- Visvesvaraya Full Time Scholarship Rs. 31,500/- per month for first two years and Rs. 35,000/- per month for next three years. HRA is available to those that do not reside in the campus.