Amrita University to Organize 3rd National Workshop on Research Methodology in Fluid Mechanics - FMFP 2016
The department of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri Campus is organizing FMFP Workshop: Three Day 3rd National Workshop on Research Methodology in Fluid Mechanics from July 14-16, 2016. The workshop is targeted at the young faculty members and research scholars who desire to join teaching in future. With the introduction of new undergraduate and postgraduate programs in mechanical, civil, chemical and aerospace in various engineering institutes in India, there is a need to train the faculty members who teach fluid mechanics and allied subjects so that they can adopt right approach while imparting teaching these subjects as well as enabling them to inculcate the research interest at the both UG and PG levels. The workshop offers a methodical approach to build an insight in research in fluid mechanics.
The workshop will cover topics such as Importance and excitement in Research; How to find a Research Problem, do a Literature Survey and read Research Papers; Computational Methods in Fluid and Thermal Sciences; Problem Formulation and Case Studies using CFD; Conducting Research using Simulation Tools; Design of Experiments & Measurement Techniques; Data Analysis, Regression, Signal Processing and Uncertainty; Case Studies in Experimental Fluid Mechanics & Heat Transfer; and How to Prepare a Journal Manuscript. Ethical & Copyright and issues in research.
Following are the resource persons of the workshop:
- Dr. B. V. S. S. S. Prasad, Professor & Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras
- Dr. Atul Sharma, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Dr. S. V. Prabhu, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Dr. R. I. Sujith, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Madras
- Dr. Prasad Patnaik, Professor, Department. of Applied Mechanics, IITM
- Dr. Jyothirmay Banerji, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, SVNIT, Surat
- Dr. V. M. Nandakumaran, Principal, Amrita School of arts & sciences, Amritapuri Campus
- Dr. R. Ajith Kumar, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Amritapuri Campus
- Dr. J. S. Jayakumar, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Amritapuri Campus