A book titled Practical Gastroenterology (2nd edition), published by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, was officially released by Dr. Prem Nair, Medical Director, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, on January 16, 2016 at the AIMS GI Endo Meet (A-GEM) 2016. This book incorporates the advances in the diagnosis and management of GI diseases.
Salient Points of the book, Practical Gastroenterology:
- Incorporates advances in the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Provides a ready reference to gastroenterology for practitioners and doctors in training.
- Contains several new chapters while the older chapters have been extensively rewritten with profusion of illustrations and photographs.
- Includes the approach to common gastrointestinal symptoms, clinical syndromes and common geriatric and pediatric problems in gastroenterology.
- Discusses the management of common clinical problems in gastroenterology and hepatology.
- Explains the comprehensive coverage of advances in therapeutic endoscopy and extensive coverage of gastrointestinal imaging, nuclear medicine and Position Emission Tomography (PET).
The entire faculty of the Department of Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, as well as other leading Gastroenterologists and allied specialists, have contributed chapters for this book. The book was edited by Dr. V. Balakrishnan, Professor and Dr. G. Rajesh, Associate Professor of the Department of Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.