SUMMER INTERNSHIP TOPICS
Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, is part of a growing research-based institution in India. Technical project internships are being opened from 2016 summer under various research topics, and will be offered regularly henceforth. We expect research-minded students to avail the opportunity to be part of intuitive research being conducted in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The following topics are being offered under the mentorship of mentioned faculty members:
- Dr. Arpita Thakre (Wireless Communication)
- New waveforms for 5G technology (orthogonal and non-orthogonal techniques)
- Air interface (including frame structure and channelization for 5G)
- Dr. T. K. Ramesh (Wireless Communication)
- Improvement in the quality of service of D2D (Device-to-Device) communication by reducing the interference occurring due to the sharing of spectrum.
- A design study of photonic micro-resonators for application in solar cell performance enhancement
- Study of optical fiber design for wavelength tuning in the output
- Dr. Shikha Tripathi (Robotics/Signal Processing)
- Emotion recognition and Stress Analysis from speech data
- Techniques for synthesizing human emotions in speech data
- Facial Emotion synthesis for Human-Robot Interaction
- Ms. Ponni M. (VLSI Design)
- Looking forward to reduce the run time of the automated transistor sizing tool for FPGA (COFFE) by optimising the circuits in FPGA by thorough design space exploration using circuit simulations.
The closing date for receiving application and CV will be 7th May 2016. It should be noted that the seats are limited and only suitable candidates will be chosen.
Following the initial shortlisting, the final selection will be based on interviews (to be conducted via skype for students outside Bangalore/Karnataka) with the relevant faculty offering the projects. The internship may last for 1.5-2 months. For official evaluation, institutes interested are requested to forward formats and requirements at the earliest.