Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 09:57
Instructions for hostelers who are joining various programs (B. Tech. , BCA and MCA ) in Amritapuri Campus
- First year classes for B.Tech. and BCA will commence on July 23, 2014.
- For MCA Lateral entry students, classes will commence on July 21, 2014.
- All those who have taken hostel admisions for the B.Tech. and BCA are requested to report on 22.7.2014 between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM at their specific locations given below. MCA studens can report to their designated hostels directly on July 20th / 21st 2014.
- Boys joining B.Tech. and BCA are requested to go to the Ashram side and contact the reception counter arranged at the eastern side of the big prayer hall in Mata Amritanandamayi Math. After completing admission formalities, they can proceed to Prahlad Bhavan Hostel (at Ashram side).
- Girls joining BCA are requested to go to the Ashram side and contact the reception counter arranged at the eastern side of the big prayer hall in Mata Amritanandamayi Math. After completing admission formalities, they can proceed to Arsham-GH Hostel (at Ashram side).
- Girls joining B.Tech. are requested to come to the college side to the new girls hostel NILA Block in the girls hostel complex (entry: opposite to Amma Hotel).
- Boys joining MCA are requested to report to Vaikundam hostel at Ashram side directly. Girls joining MCA are requested to report to Nila hostel at college side directly.
- Parents who accompany the students can get accomodation, if needed in the Ashram. They may contact the Ashram accomodation counter with this regard on payment basis. Advance booking is not necessary. Since it is Ashram accomodation, only limited facilities (for food and accomodation) will be available . Accommodation is offered from 21st evening onwards. Limited canteen facilities will also be available in the Ashram premises.
- Requirments like mattresses, pillows, buckets etc. (if needed) will be provided on payment basis and can be purchased at the time of hostel admission.
- Room allocation will be at the time of admission and supply of related requirements will be done at the respective hostels. Parents are NOT permitted to stay with students in the hostels.
- Relevant books for the B.Tech. classes will be on sale on July 23 - 24, 2014 at the first floor lobby in the ADMIN. Block of the institution building.
- Those who come from outside Kerala can get down at Kayamkulam railway station, which is near to Amritapuri campus and get taxi/ Auto rickshaw to come to the Ashram (Parayakadavu) or college (Vallikkavu). Such of those parents and wards who want to seek temporary accommodation in the Ashram (before hostel admission) can come straight to the Ashram and approach Accomodation Counter.
- For B.Tech. girls only, the Nila Hostel at College side is at about 15 minutes walking distance from Ashram (across the walking bridge on backwaters). Alternatively, if vehicle is needed, Autorickshaws are available for hire (a round-about travelling distance of about 4 km to reach hostel).
- Parking instructions: Since parking space is very limited at Ashram, those who are coming in vehicles are requested to park them outside Ashram at the Parayakadavu Bus stop area only.
- B.Tech. girls with parents who don’t need Ashram accommodation can come directly to Nila Girls hostel at college side. Parking space is available nearby.