Instructions for hostelers who are joining various programs (BBM, B. Com., Int. MA English, Int M. Sc. Chemistry, Integrated M. Sc. Physics & Mathamatics, M. Tech., M. Com., MSW and M. Sc.) in Amritapuri Campus
- First year classes for BBM, B.Com.and Integrated programs will commence on July 30, 2014.
- For M.Tech., M.Com., MSW and M.Sc. students, classes will commence on July 31, 2014.
- All those who have taken hostel admisions for the BBM, BCom and Integrated programs are requested to report on July 29 or July 30, 2014 between 8.30 AM and 5.30 PM at their specific hostel locations given below. M. Tech., M. Com., MSW and M. Sc. students too can report to their designated hostels directly on July 30, 2014 or July 31, 2014.
- Boys joining BBM, B. Com., MSW, M. Com. and Integrated programs are requested to go to the Ashram side Vaikumtam hostel. After completing admission formalities, they can proceed to their respective rooms.
- Boys joining M.Tech. are requested to report to Ashokam hostel at college side directly.
- Girls joining BBM, B. Com. and Integrated courses are requested to go to the Ashram side girls hostel- ARSHAM (GH). After completing admission formalities, they can proceed to their respective rooms.
- Girls joining MSW, M. Com. and M. Sc. are requested to come to the college side and report at the new girls hostel NILA Block in the girls hostel complex (entry: opposite to Amma Hotel).
- M. Tech. girl students are requested to report to KAVERI (PG) Block in the girls hostel complex (entry: opposite to Amma Hotel).
- Parents who accompany the students can get accomodation, if needed in the Ashram. They may contact the Ashram accomodation counter in this regard on payment basis. Advance booking is not necessary. Since it is Ashram accomodation, only limited facilities (for food and accomodation) will be available. Accommodation is offered from 28th evening onwards. Limited canteen facilities will also be available in the Ashram premises.
- Requirments like mattresses, pillows, buckets etc. (if needed) will be provided on payment basis and can be purchased at the time of hostel admission.
- Room allocation will be done at the time of admission and supply of related requirements will be done at the respective hostels.
- Parents are NOT permitted to stay with students in the hostels.
- Those who come from outside Kerala can get down at Kayamkulam railway station, which is near to Amritapuri campus and get taxi/ Auto rickshaw to come to the Ashram (Parayakadavu) or college (Vallikkavu). Such of those parents and wards who want to seek temporary accommodation in the Ashram (before hostel admission) can come straight to the Ashram and approach Accomodation Counter.
- For PG girls, the Nila and Kaveri Hostels at College side are at about 15 to 20 minutes walking distance from Ashram (across the walking bridge on backwaters). Alternatively, if vehicle is needed, Autorickshaws are available for hire (a round-about travelling distance of about 4 km to reach hostels). The same is true for M. Tech. Boys whose Asokam hostel is at College side.
- Parking instructions: Since parking space is very limited at Ashram, those who are coming in vehicles are requested to park them outside Ashram at the Parayakadavu Bus stop area only.
- PG Girls with parents and M. Tech. boys with parents who don’t need Ashram accommodation can come directly to respective hostels at college side. Parking space is available near the hostels.