Instructions & Travelling Guidelines for New Batch of Students - B.Tech. 2016 Program, Amritapuri Campus
Instructions for New Hostellers Who are Joining B.Tech. (2016) Program in Amritapuri Campus
- First year classes for B.Tech. EEE and CS will commence on 20.7.2016., B.Tech. ECE and ME will commence on 21.7.2016.
- Those who have taken hostel admissions for the B.Tech courses in EEE & CS are requested to report on 19.7.2016 and ECE & ME on 20.7.2016 between 8.30 AM and 5.30 PM at specific locations given below.
- Boys who join B.Tech. are requested to go to the Ashram side and contact the Prahlad Bhavan hostel in Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
- Girls who join B.Tech are requested to come to the new girls hostel NILA Block in the college side (entry: opposite to Amma Hotel).
- Parents who accompany the students can get accommodation, if need be, in the Ashram. They may contact the Ashram accommodation counter on this regard on payment basis. Advance booking is not necessary. Since it is Ashram accommodation, only limited facilities (for food and accommodation) will be available. Accommodation is offered from 19th evening onwards. Limited canteen facilities will also be available in the Ashram premises.
- Requirements like mattresses, pillows, buckets etc. (if needed) will be provided on payment basis and can be purchased at the time of hostel admission.
- Room allocation will be at the time of admission and supply of related requirements will be done at the respective hostels. Parents are NOT permitted to stay with students in the hostels.
- Those who come from outside Kerala can get down at Kayamkulam railway station, which is near to Amritapuri campus and get taxi/ Auto rickshaw to come to the Ashram (Parayakadavu) or college (Vallikkavu). Parents and wards who want to seek temporary accommodation in the Ashram (before hostel admission) can come straight to the Ashram and approach the Accommodation Counter.
- For B.Tech. girls, the Nila Hostel at College side is about 15 minutes walking distance from Ashram (across the walking bridge on backwaters). Alternatively, if vehicle is needed, Autorickshaws are available for hire (a round-about travelling distance of about 4 km to reach hostel).
- Parking instructions: Since parking space is very limited at Ashram, those who are coming in vehicles are requested to park them outside Ashram at the Parayakadavu Bus stop area only.
- B.Tech girls coming with parents (who don’t need Ashram accommodation) can come directly to Nila Girls hostel at college side. Parking space is available nearby.