Instructions for New Hostellers who are Joining UG & PG Programs (2016) in Amritapuri Campus
- First year classes for PG & UG (BCA, BBA, B.Com., Int. Physics & Maths, Int. Chemistry, Int. M.A. English, M.Sc. Physics , M.Sc. Chemistry, M.A. English, M. Com., MSW and MCA) will commence on 27.7.2016. and M.Tech. will commence on 3.8.2016.
- Those who have taken hostel admissions for BCA, BBA, B.Com, Int. Physics & Maths, Int. Chemistry, Int. MA English, M.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.A. English, M.Com, MSW and MCA are requested to report on 26.7.2016 and M.Tech on 2.8.2016 between 8.30 AM and 5.30 PM at specified locations given below.
- Boys who join BCA, BBA, B.Com, Int. Physics & Maths, Int. Chemistry, Int. M.A. English are requested to go to the Ashram side and contact the warden, Sahyadri hostel (Near Amrita Hospital) in Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
- Boys who join M.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.A. English, MCA, M.Com., MSW and M.Tech. are requested to go to the college side and contact the warden, Ashokam hostel.
- Girls who join BBA, B.Com, Int. Physics & Maths, Int. Chemistry, Int. MA English are requested to go to the Ashram side and contact the warden, Aramamm girls hostel in Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
- Girls who join BCA, M.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.A. English, MCA, M.Com, MSW and M.Tech. are requested to come to the new girls hostel NILA Block in the college side (entry: opposite to Amma Hotel).
- Parents who accompany the students can get accommodation, if need be, in the Ashram. They may contact the Ashram accommodation counter on this regard on payment basis. Advance booking is not necessary. Since it is Ashram accommodation, only limited facilities (for food and accommodation) will be available. Accommodation is offered from 26th evening onwards. Limited canteen facilities will also be available in the Ashram premises.
- Requirements like mattresses, pillows, buckets etc. (if needed) will be provided on payment basis and can be purchased at the time of hostel admission.
- Room allocation will be at the time of admission and supply of related requirements will be done at the respective hostels. Parents are NOT permitted to stay with students in the hostels.
Those who come from outside Kerala can get down at Kayamkulam railway station, which is near to Amritapuri campus and get taxi/ Auto rickshaw to come to the Ashram (Parayakadavu) or college (Vallikkavu). Parents and wards who want to seek temporary accommodation in the Ashram (before hostel admission) can come straight to the Ashram and approach the Accommodation Counter.
Parking instructions: Since parking space is very limited at Ashram, those who are coming in vehicles are requested to park them outside Ashram at the Parayakadavu Bus stop area only.
Girls coming with parents (who don’t need Ashram accommodation) can come directly to Nila Girls hostel at college side. Parking space is available nearby.