New Book on Probability and Random Processes for Engineers by Amrita Professor Dr. J. Ravichandran
Dr. J. Ravichandran, Professor at the Department of Mathematics, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore has authored a new book titled, Probability & Random Processes for Engineers.
“Probability and Random Processes is one of the most difficult, but most important subjects, for engineering students. It needs a prerequisite in probability and statistics as well. The concepts of random processes are built upon the concepts of probability and statistics and one entire chapter is dedicated to these topics. Students have been in need of a good text book to study random processes from scratch. Due to teaching this subject for a number of years, I understood the need of a book on this subject and that motivated me to spend two years writing it” shared Dr. Ravichandran.
The key features of the text book include:
- 9 well organized chapters.
- Full coverage of various topics such as important probability concepts and distributions, multivariate normal distribution, concepts of random processes, stationarity of random processes, autocorrelation and its properties, standard distribution-based special processes and Markov process and Marko chains.
- Explanation with suitable examples and graphical representations.
- Solved problems with illustrations for easy understanding.
- More than 200 problems in total, 100 solved examples, 100 exercise problems with answers.
- A number of graphs.
The 312 pages book published by I. K. International Publishing House, New Delhi is priced at Rs 345.
“I propose this book as a textbook for courses related to Probability and Random Processes for engineering students at both graduate and post-graduate levels. Clearly, this book is user friendly, as it explains the concepts with suitable examples and graphical representations before solving problems,” summed up Dr. Ravichandran.
November 17, 2014
Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore