Amrita Center for International Programs is happy to announce the Hessen International Summer University at Darmstadt University of Applied Science, Germany. Founded in 1971 Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Darmstadt) is one of the largest universities of applied sciences in Germany.
The topic of the summer program will be German Energiewende – Impact on Buildings and their Inhabitants and the program will be held from July 15 to August 11, 2018. The summer program includes both academic program and cultural program.
The academic module, which is organized and to be taught by professors from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of Hochschule Darmstadt and a guest lecturer from Purdue University (USA), will focus on the following topics:
- Smart Living in the house of the future
- Options of renewable power generation for family houses
- Influence of renewable energies on the power system
- Climate communication - impact of ‘Energiewende’ on individual behavior
- E-mobility and its interaction with the house
The module will also contain a one-week academic excursion to a ski resort in the alps. Participants will look at how the ski resort deals with the impact of climate change and how it makes use of renewable energies. In addition, students will attend a German language class that is organized by the Language Center.
For further information, please have a look at the website
Eligibility: A background in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Energy Management (Business) or related disciplines is recommended.
The program fee is 1,990 €. If you pay before April 1, 2018, an “early-bird discount” will be granted and the fee will be reduced to 1,790 €
The program fee includes
- the accommodation from July 15 - August 11, 2018 ·
- a four-week study programme including seminar materials
- company visits and field trips
- a German language course (including seminar materials)
- the cultural and leisure programme
- a ticket for public transportation within Darmstadt
- a health, accident, and liability insurance
The students can earn up to 9 credits; 6 for seminar modules plus additional 3 for the language course. Please get the prior approval of your HOD for the credit transfer.
Please note that unless we nominate you for any program, the host university will not be able to accept your application. So, to consider your application please fill the Google formSTUDENTS SHOULD HAVE CGPA 7 AND ABOVE TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Amrita Center for International Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
(Please use the subject title: Darmstadt Summer Program 2018)