IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Admissions will be made strictly on the basis of availability of seats. As soon as the seats are filled admissions will be closed. Mere reason that a candidate was present on the date of counselling will not confer any right on him/her for a seat
- Short-Listed candidates should be ready to submit the originals of the documents in case of seat allocation.
- While reporting, the candidate should be accompanied at least by one of the parents and should produce the following documents in original
- Hard-Copy of the system generated Online Application Form
- A Demand Draft of ₹1000 favouring “Amrita School of Biotechnology” payable at Kollam [In case of seat allocation, you have to submit this]
- Medical Certificate for Physical Fitness from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon [Download]
- Two Recent Passport size face close-up colour Photographs
- Original Academic Documents
- 10th Mark Statement and Certificate
- 12th Mark Statement and Certificate
- Migration Certificate from the Board from where the candidate passed his/ her Plus Two
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate in case of SC/ST candidates
- No separate call letters will be sent. Candidates desirous of admission should report to The Admissions Office on the date / time and place announced in the web site
- Interested candidates should report at least half an hour before the time allotted on the dates for the concerned rank numbers. Seat allotment will be done for the candidates present at time fixed by the Admissions Coordinator on the basis of the ranks of candidates present at the time of allotment on the date of counselling/allotment.
- If a candidate arrives late for counselling and seats get allotted to subsequent rank holders, he/she will have no right over the seats allotted to lower rank holders. Failure to report in time on the date fixed for counselling can result in a candidate forfeiting his/ her chance for admission. In the event of any such appeals, decision of the Admissions Coordinator on the matter shall be final & binding.
- Schedule of date and time for Counselling by proxy is not generally permitted. In extremely exceptional cases like where the candidate is unable to report physically due to illness, or tragedies at home. The Admissions Coordinator at his sole discretion may permit a close relative of the candidate to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate on the basis of a written request and specific authorisation from the candidate and without precedence. In such cases the decision taken by the authorized person will be final and binding on the candidate and will not be opened for discussions later.
The seats are filled purely on the merit basis. If your name is on the waiting list, you will be notified by a phone call from Amrita School of Biotechnology as and when the seats are available.
If you couldn't make it to the waiting list, you may call the Admissions Office on or after June 29, 2015 to know the status.
In addition to the above, Foreign Nationals will have to produce the following documents too. Attested copies of (attested by Consulates/Embassy of India in the respective country or a Gazetted officer in India)
- Passport with valid student VISA endorsed in the name of Amrita School of Biotechnology (For foreign nationals only).
- Equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Proforma enclosed as Annexure – IV to be filled up properly and signed by the candidate and parent.
- PIO Certificate/Card if obtained.
- Over Seas Citizen of India Certificate/Card if secured.
- Medical Fitness certificate.
- Translated version of all documents, if they are not in English.
- Foreign Nationals except overseas citizens of India will have to register with the Foreign Regional Registration Officer (Police Commissioner) within seven days of their arrival in India. A copy of the registration certificate should be handed over to the Admission Co-ordinator immediately after the registration.
ON ANY QUERIES CONTACT
The Admissions Coordinator
School of Biotechnology
Amritapuri Campus, Clappana P.O,
Kollam, Kerala, 690525