B. C. A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications) (Offered at Mysore Campus)
A well balanced and updated curriculum matching current industry standards delivered through a unique pedagogy, the department equips its BCA students with technical skills as foundation for courses like MCA, M.Sc and quality placements. Comprehensive coverage of Software Engineering, System Architecture, Networking Technology and Web Design along with an offer of advanced electives in Knowledge Management, Bioinformatics, Data mining, Neural Networks etc. empowers students with a strong academic base. Effective hands on session with system-student ratio of 1:1 provide the necessary training on practical application.
Eligibility: Admission is open to those who have successfully completed their 10+2 in any discipline or its equivalent or 3 years Polytechnic Diploma.
Admission to the 2014 B.C.A, B.B.M, B.Com programmes for the academic year 2014 - 15 is open.
- Candidates who have appeared or appearing for their final qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. Their admission will be subject to passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of qualifying exam marks,and personal counselling.
- The candidates are required to produce at the time of admission, mark lists of all relevant previous examinations and Transfer Certificate.
- 15% of seats are reserved for management quota.
- Application form downloaded from the website may also be used. Such application should be accompanied with a Demand Draft for Rs.300/- for UG Programme drawn in favour of "Amrita School of Arts & Sciences" payable at Mysore.
- Separate applications should be submitted for different programmes.
Date of birth as recorded in the 10th standard certificate, as issued by the Board, only, will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of admission.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Communicative English||Professional Communication|
|Language I(Hindi/Kannada/Malayalam/Sanskrit)||Language II(Hindi/Kannada/Malayalam/Sanskrit)|
|Basics of C||Database Management Systems|
|Computer Organization and System Architecture||Advanced C|
|Information Technology Basics and Services||Environmental Studies|
|Statistics and Numerical Methods||Discrete Mathematics and Calculus|
|PC Software and Internet Basics Lab||Database Management Systems Lab|
|Basics of C Lab||Advanced C Lab|
|Cultural Education I||Cultural Education II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Management Information Systems and Applications||Data Communication and Computer Networks|
|Multimedia and Graphics||Java and J2EE|
|Object Oriented Programming using Java||Web Technologies and Applications|
|Data Structures and Algorithms||Software Engineering|
|Fundamentals of Operating Systems||Distributed Computing|
|Java Lab||Java and J2EE Lab|
|Data Structures and Algorithms Lab||Web Technologies and Applications Lab|
|Multimedia and Graphics Lab||Life Skills II|
|Life Skills I|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|C# and the .NET framework||Information and Network Security|
|Advanced Operating System [Red Hat Linux]||Systems and Network Administration|
|ELECTIVE I||Object Oriented Analysis and Design|
|C# and the .NET framework Lab.||Comprehensive Technical Viva-Voce|
|Principles of Management and Accounting||ELECTIVE II|
|Life Skills III|
ELECTIVES (Any one)
|Elective I (Any one)||
Elective II (Any one)
|Mobile, Wireless Computing and Communication
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Digital Electronics and Microprocessor System
Enterprise Resource Planning
Introduction to Data Mining