M. C. A. (Offered at Mysore Campus)
Master of Computer Applications (M. C. A.) emphasizes on the design and application of information systems and provides a solid background in business functions and Information Technology and covers latest developments in areas where commerce and computing and in general, applications and technology blend together successfully and define the state of art.
M. C. A. students acquire strength in principles, concepts and foundations of computer science, information technology and various applications. They would also have extensive programming / software development experience over a wide variety of platforms / applications. The curriculum has explicitly identified lab components for every course that discusses the principles with an implementation component.
The course is well balanced with significant emphasis on planning, designing and building complex commercial application software and system software. The application areas include transaction processing (such as banking, stock exchange order processing), simulation, database management, e-commerce, networking, embedded technologies, bioinformatics etc.
This M. C. A. program is not only a complete professional grooming for students for a successful career in the IT industry, but also, provides value-based education through a system of wholesome learning.
DURATION: THREE Years - SIX Semesters
ELIGIBILITY: 60 % marks in UG with Statistics/Mathematics as one of the subjects
- Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of qualifying exam marks, Amrita Entrance Exam and personal interview.
- Such shortlisted candidates are required to attend Interview on the specified date and time communicated to them and if selected they have to attend counseling for admission, along with mark lists of all relevant previous examinations and Transfer Certificate.
- Date of birth as recorded in the 10th standard certificate, as issued by the concerned Board, will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counseling.
- The selected candidates shall attend the counseling on the specified date and time. The candidate should be accompanied by his / her parent during admission. (Only if parents are not alive, the guardian of the candidate may accompany the candidate). If the candidate is selected for admission after the counseling, he / she shall join the School immediately by paying the prescribed fees.
- 15% of seats are reserved for management quota.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Discrete Structures||Statistics and Numerical Methods|
|English for Professional Purposes||Object Oriented Programming|
|Computer Organization and Architecture||Data Structures|
|Computer Programming||Operating Systems|
|Database Management System||Financial Accounting|
|Problem Solving Techniques||Java Programming|
|* Non-credit Course|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Computer Networks||.Net Technologies|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithms||Service Oriented Architecture|
|Internet Programming||Data Mining|
|Software Engineering||Elective I|
|Operations Research||Elective II|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Design Patterns||Dissertation - Phase II|
|Dissertation - Phase I|
|OPEN ELECTIVES||MANAGEMENT ELECTIVES|
|Advanced Database Management System||Management Information Systems|
|Information Security||Principles of economics And Management|
|Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs||Software Project Management|
|Software Quality Assurance|
|Advanced Computer Networks|
|Network Management and System Administration|
|Open Source Software|
|Natural Language Processing|
|Mobile Application Development|
|Wireless Communications and Networks|
|Computer Graphics & Visualization|
|Computer Language Engineering|
|Semantic Web Technologies|
|Digital Image Processing|