M. Tech. in Industrial Intelligent Systems is a program offered at School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore campus.
Nowadays, the demand for intelligent systems in modern industries are growing in a fast pace. Hence it is essential to have a spectrum of engineering knowledge rather than confined one to meet the industrial challenges. In this view, the university is offering M.Tech. Industrial Intelligent systems (IIS) so as to impart integrated cutting-edge technology knowledge for the students. Intelligent systems are revolutionizing a variety of industries, including manufacturing, engineering, healthcare, transportation and logistics etc,. M.Tech. IIS offers the next generation of solutions, powered by computing and artificial intelligence to meet the industrial challenges.
- # To focus on Computational Intelligence, Embedded computing systems, and data interpretation for the development of industrial systems applications.
- #To provide the essential knowledge and practical experience needed to become an Intelligent Systems specialist both locally and globally.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO 1 Graduates will be able to apply Intelligent Systems concepts, techniques and methods to solve varied problems across multiple domains.
- PEO 2 Graduates will be proficient in designing and developing Intelligent Systems through the effective use of knowledge and data engineering tools, so as to excel in modern industry, academia or research.
- PEO 3 Graduates will be manifested for their adherence to professional, social and ethical responsibilities in implementing Intelligent industrial solutions
Program Outcomes (POs):
- PO1 An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- PO2 An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- PO3 An ability to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area of Industrial Intelligent Systems, with the mastery at a level higher than the requirements in the bachelor‟s in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- PO4 An ability to apply mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals in modeling and designing Intelligent systems to solve industrial problems
- PO5 An ability to build competency and skills necessary to create an Intelligent System by appropriate methodology and modern engineering/IT tools used in the industry
- PO6 An ability to develop professionalism by engaging in life-long learning along with societal, ethical and environmental responsibility.
Scope of Research:
- Industrial Robotics
- Industrial Automation
- Computer Vision
- Human Computer Interaction
- Cyber Physical Systems
With a Master's degree in Industrial Intelligent Systems, the graduates will be able to work in
- AI and Machine Learning for industrial autonomous systems
- Software and hardware development for Industrial Systems
Potential scope for employment include Process industries, textile, automobile, healthcare, transportation and logistics etc,.
Possible International Collaborations (International Universities to Pursue Dual Degree/ Higher Education):
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- Malardalen University, Sweden
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- University Paderborn Federal Republic of Germany
- TU Delft