This program focuses on the requirements of the manufacturing industry embracing the areas of production, planning and control, design, materials, processes and quality control. The curriculum has been framed drawing course contents from traditional fields such as materials and processes, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, and management. The syllabus for various courses has been designed in general to introduce the application of analytical and quantitative methods in manufacturing and to train the students to develop skills in the utilization of the modern tools such as simulation, optimization, statistical data analysis, and finite element analysis. During the course of study, the students will acquire knowledge and skills to solve practical problems encountered in manufacturing.
Duration : Two years
- B. E. / B. Tech. ( Mechanical, Petroleum Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering)
- This program provides an in depth understanding of a wide range of manufacturing processes from material joining, forming, casting and machining to highly specialized additive manufacturing /3D printing, self adaptive production process and equipment, artificial intelligence for processes, predictive analytics, precision and sustainable smart manufacturing.
- The program provides an opportunity for the students to pursue internships in companies and organizations such as ARCI, IGCAR, ISRO, WRI, NAL, Tata Motors, Ingersoll , craftsmen etc., and also at European Universities under Indo-European research initiatives.
- Opportunity to work on state of the art research problems through funded projects from National Laboratories such as DRDO, ARDB, DST, ISRO etc., and carryout collaborative work with Industries.
Focus Areas in Manufacturing Engineering
- Alloy Development
- Metallurgical Modeling
- Automated Visual Inspection
- Friction Stir Welding
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Green Manufacturing
- High Speed Machining and Micromachining
Facilities and Infrastructure
SEM, TEM, XRD, Melting Furnace, Microwave , Hardness, Tensile Test Machine, Laser Machining, Ultra Precision CNC Turning, Milling, 3D Printing, Additive Manufacturing, Modelling and Simulation Softwares, Surface Roughness Tester, Roundness Tester, Surface Profiler, Metallurgy Microscope, Fatigue, Impact Testing Machine.
Centre for International Programmes facilitates foreign internship with scholarship and higher education.