M. Tech. in Production and Industrial Engineering is a program offered at School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campus.
Production and industrial engineering is two year post graduate course. Production and Industrial Engineering is an interdisciplinary discipline which includes design, advanced manufacturing, engineering sciences, management science and optimization of complex processes, systems, or organization, operations and services. Production and industrial engineers use principles of engineering, mass production and technology to help companies find ways to offer services or create a product efficiently.
- Enabling engineers to improve efficiency and effectiveness of industrial components.
- Add value to the organization through appropriate industrial engineering methods and tools. Develop an integrated system which includes people, materials, information, equipment and environment.
- Apply various types of engineering work measurement techniques for analyzing the task. Apply systematic layout planning technique and work design principle based on ergonomics for effective material handling.
- Industrial engineers work is to get the assigned job done in most efficient way i.e. to balance many factors like time, manpower required, inventory control required to complete the job.
- Industrial engineers are to reduce the waste & improve performance. They have to achieve the end product with no errors & study the product requirement more carefully to give best result.
How to Pursue Research Path After Completing this Programme?
The students on satisfactorily completing this programme has multiple platforms and opportunities to pursue research. On identifying a particular area of interest (be it production or management), one can proceed for doctoral studies at the premier institutes of India or abroad, join research centres (either academia or industry) and publish technical articles, develop prototypes designs etc.
Advantages in Terms of Placement
- Skills of industrial and production engineering are applied to virtually every industry possible. This occupation can be termed versatile in the kind of work and the industries in which its expertise can be put to use.
- An industrial engineer can pursue different careers which include the following: Safety Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Industrial Production Manager, Industrial Management Engineer, Industrial Systems Engineer.
- Production and Industrial Engineering is providing analytical skills and educational training to analyze, solve and optimize the complex real world problems encountered in different company sectors.
Possible International Collaborations
- ETH (Switzerland)
- Dartmouth College (USA)
- TEM (France)
- University of Ottawa (Canada)
- Ryerson University(Canada)
- MIT (USA)
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth (USA)
- Harvard University (USA)
- Columbia University (USA)
- EPFL (Switzerland)
- Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
- University College Maastricht (Netherlands)
- Penn state (USA)
- Northern Illinios university (USA)
- University of KTH (Sweden)
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Virgina tech (USA)
Possible Internship Companies
and many more