MBA in Innovation & PG Diploma in Sustainable Development
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate in Graduation under minimum 10+2+3 system as recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Candidates appearing in the final exam of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. Candidates with 2 or more years of work experience will be given special priority .
|Entrance Test (any one)||ALL CAMPUSES|
|MAT (if Coimbatore, CAT preferred)|
- Degree in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian University
- Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor’s degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations and viva-voce, if any, before 30th June 2014.
- Such candidates are advised to produce a letter from their college Principal/Head of Institution stating the examination dates, at the time of personal interview and/or admissions.
- Consolidated marks sheets must be furnished before Oct 31, 2014.
- Degree certificates to be furnished by Dec 31, 2014.
- If an admitted student fails to meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be required to withdraw from the programme.
- NRI and students of foreign origin are required to take the GMAT test .
- Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be preferred for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage ( the stature of the company, the work profile and period of employment will be taken into consideration )
Duration : Two years
Names of candidates who are short-listed will be posted on our website,: www.amrita.edu/school/business. A personal interview (PI) is expected to be held around April 2014.
Interviews will be held both by skype and in person at Amrita Campuses .The date and venue of the interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates by email and post/courier. Selected candidates are required to pay the first installment of the fees within 15 days from the date of intimation of final selection.
The number of seats available for the 2-year MBA Dual Degree Program starting in June 2014 is 45.
In the third week of June 2014, the School will organize a two week orientation Program for the new batch. This preparatory program is mandatory before students begin their regular program of studies.
ADMISSION PROCESS: There is no cut-off pre-defined but the merit is prepared on the basis of CAT/MAT/XAT percentile for calling candidates for GD and interview after all the applications have been received by closing dates.
|Programme||Recongnition / Approval||Selection Procedure||Broad eligibility Criteria||Tuition Fee(INR)|
|MBA / PGD programme in SD||AICTE Approved||CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT and other prominent natonal/ international level management exams GD+PI+Write-up||Graduation 10+2+3 with 50% marks||Merit 2,00,000*|
NOTE: Applying for the admission does not ensure that candidate will be called for PI & Essay writing process or get admission. The discretion of the admission committee of the institute will be final in all such matters.
- Last date for receipt of completed application forms April 30, 2015
- Date of announcement of shortlist for personal interviews May 8, 2015
- Date band for personal interviews May 12 - 15, 2015
- Date of announcement of first selected list May 20, 2015
- Last date for payment of first installment of fees May 30, 2015
- Orientation programme June 16 - 28, 2015
- Commencement of MBA/ PGD programme 2015-17 June 30, 2015
Programme is being offered under trimester system inclusive of immersion programme, summer internship, short term projects, and winter internship. The Foundation Year prepares students to undergo the basic concepts and practices; and Application Year demands to work on applications and models of intervention in different domain.
|Business Communication||Marketing Management 1||Marketing Management II + Sustainable Development Management|
|Financial Accounting||Financial Management||Cost Management|
|Intro to Environmental Science||Production and Operations Management -1 & II||Introduction to Sustainable Agriculture|
|Micro & Macro Economics||Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Implementation||Research Methodology|
|Organizational Behaviour I||Organizational Behaviour II||Human Resource Management|
|Quant. Methods for Managers I, II||Economic Environment & Policy||Technologies for Rural Development|
|ICT Use by Managers||Analytics for Managers||Design & Rural Innovation Challenges|
|Elective 1||Elective 2||Elective 3||Elective 4||Elective 5a||Elective 5b|
|Agriculture Methods and effect on food supply, food cost and food quality||ICT (Information & Communications Technology)||Design School base Process based – as MIT's||Environmental Research||Water Quality & Pathways to resolution||Current Topics in Solar and other Renewable Energy Technologies|
|Agriculture Technology and effect on the agrarian economy||Technologies in Civil Engineering (Housing, Infrastructure etc.)||DLab or Stanford's Design department||Qualitative & Quantitative Social Science Research||Water Availability & Pathways to resolution||Waste Management, Sanitation & Public Health – Interm.|
|Horticulture and effect on the smaller farms output||Technologies for Basic Needs (Food, Clothing, Education, Livelihoods)||Social Business processes||Research for Technology Dev.||Desalination Methods||Waste Management – Adv.|
|Animal Science and effect on Sustainable Agriculture||Technologies for Community Needs||Research on Rural Economic Dev.||Current Topics in Water Technologies & Economics||Sanitation Methods and Technologies – Adv.|
|Technologies for National Plan Needs||Renewable Energy Technologies||Public Health – Interm.|
|Solar Energy – Interm.||Psychological Health – Overview|