Stage 1: Course Work (+)
All scholars are required to undertake 8 courses of which 4 are core and the rest are electives. The course work is structured over two terms in a year. While the winter term is during December 26th and January 25th, the summer term is between May 21st and June 20th. These dates are fixed to allow scholars plan their leave in advance and be present in campus. In general, a scholar can aim to complete 3 courses in a term.
Stage 2: Comprehensive Qualifying Exam (+)
After completion of a minimum of 8 courses, the scholars would move to the second stage of their Ph.D which includes formation of a dissertation committee and writing their comprehensive qualification exam (CQE). The CQE is a 1 month take home exam, which seeks to test the readiness of scholars to take up their thesis research and is designed to assist scholars in narrowing the focus of research. The written exam is followed by an oral viva by the committee members.
Stage 3: Proposal Defense (+)
The 3rd stage is the proposal defense where the scholars are expected to defend their thesis proposal in an open forum and a special invited external examiner. Subsequent to the successful defense, the scholar can focus on executing their research with constant support from the dissertation committee.
Stage 4: Thesis Submission & Defense (+)
This is the final stage of the Ph.D wherein the scholar would defend his/her dissertation in an open forum and a special invited external examiner. In the interim period, the scholars are required to demonstrate their ability through successful journal publications.
The applicant should possess:
- Masters degree in Arts, Science or Management (or) a Postgraduate diploma in Management (recognized by either the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) or the All-India Council on Technical Education (AICTE) as equivalent to a MBA), or any degree equivalent, with 60% marks.
- Recognized professional degrees such as CA, AICWA, or ACS or its equivalent, with 55% marks are also acceptable.
- Candidates without a Postgraduate Degree or Diploma in Management from a recognized institution or University, if selected, have to undergo additional one year of coursework in the line of First Year MBA Program of the Department of Management.
- Some of the courses may be waived for select scholars based on their Masters Degree. This, however, is under the discretion of Committee on Postgraduate Program (CPGP), chaired by PGP Chairperson.
The Department of Management follows a rigorous process for Ph.D admissions.
|Full / Part Time
||Date of Exam/Interview
|Application Deadline for Part-time Scholars
||September 5, 2019
|Admission Test and Interview Process
||September 14-15, 2019
|Acceptance Letters to be Sent out to Successful Candidates
||September 30, 2019
|Commencement of the PhD program for the Selected Scholars
||December 26, 2019
Entrance Test and Interview
The applications will be screened by the Committee on Postgraduate Programmes (CPGP) and shortlisted applicants will be called for an entrance test followed by an interview.
Admission will be based on performance in the written test and personal interview. Both the written exam and the interview are usually conducted on the same day and the results are usually announced within a month time.
Each applicant is required to submit the following:
- Application form duly filled in all aspects,
- His or her degree certificates and grade / mark sheets (self-attested copies),
- A Statement of Purpose (describing his or her research interests), and up to three areas of interest in the order of preference for selecting the major area courses for the Ph.D. Should it be required, the Committee may request additional evidence, such as letters of recommendation, copies of claimed publications, etc.
- A Demand Draft for INR 1000 towards Registration fee, in favour of "Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham", payable at Kollam.
How to Apply
All the aforementioned documents are to be sent as a soft copy via email to email@example.com by and as a hard copy to the address of correspondence given below, latest by the 5th of September 2019.
Should there be any further query, please feel free to write to us, by clearly mentioning the nature of your query on the subject line.
|Full / Part Time
|Full Time With Scholarship*
||INR 30,000 per year
||INR 25,000 per month, renewable every year subject to performance
|Full Time No Scholarship*^
||INR 30,000 per year
|Part Time No Scholarship
||INR 4,00,000 payable in 6 bi-annual installments 1st installment: INR 1,00,000/-
2nd to 6th installments: INR 60,000/- each term
- * One time refundable caution fee of Rs. 7,500 and Rs. 1000 as Admission fee is to be paid along with the initial fee for full time scholars.
- ^ Full time scholars with scholarship are required to publish 2 journal articles for every year of the scholarship. The performance of scholars is gauged every six months and the decision to renew the scholarship is taken by university PGP committee on an annual basis