Alteration of serum beta 2-microglobulin in oral carcinoma
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, Volume 17, Number 2, p.104-107 (2002)
Serum β2-microglobulin (β2-m) levels were measured in oral carcinoma patients and compared with normal healthy controls. It was observed that there was a significant rise in serum β2- microglobulin in oral carcinoma patients. Progressively higher values were obtained as the cancer advanced clinically. Therefore the estimation of serum β2-microglobulin may be useful as one of a battery of tests in the assessment of oral carcinoma patients.
cited By 3
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Serum levels of iron and proteins in oral submucous fibrosis (OSMF).
- Direct correlation between IL-2-R gene transcription and natural cell mediated cytotoxicity in patients with gastric carcinoma
- Serum immunoglobulins in patients with carcinoma of the oral cavity, uterine cervix and breast
- Liver in leprosy: I. Functional changes
- High affinity rosette forming cells in carcinoma of the oral cavity, uterine cervix and breast