An analysis of the siblings bond in the Iranian movie 'Children of Heaven'
Publication Type:Conference Paper
Source:International Conference on Arts and Humanities ICOAH-2014, Colombo, Sri Lanka (2014)
Keywords:Content analysis, Family bond, Narrative style
Iranian Cinema is the most talked-about topic among global audiences at present. One of their most successful Iranian filmmakers is Majid Majidi, whose films have gained plenty of international acclaim. Most of his films showcase strong family bonds and socially relevant plots. Even as the central plot of the movie 'Children of Heaven' revolves around a pair of lost shoes, Majidi shows the beautiful relationship between a brother and sister in the midst of all the struggles and hardships they face. There are a number of scenes in the movie where the siblings' love for each other is narrated through point of view narrative style. This paper analyses and understands how the brotherly and sisterly affection is portrayed in the film through content analysis method.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Games as nonliterary narratives: A temporal view of Aarseth's ontic dimensions
- Identification of current transport mechanism in Al2O3 thin films for memory applications
- Homology Modeling and Protein Ligand Interaction to Identify Potential Inhibitor for E1 Protein of Chikungunya
- Room Temperature Ferromagnetism and Band Gap Investigations in Mg Doped ZnO RF/DC Sputtered Films
- A comparative study of room temperature ferromagnetism in MgO films deposited by rf/dc sputtering using high purity Mg and MgO targets