An Approach for the Assessment of India as a Global Oil & Gas R&D Destination
Publication Type:Conference Proceedings
Source:International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering and Technology , Elsevier Publication, TKM College of Engineering, p.392 (2014)
This paper demonstrates how existing knowledge on technical and business developments can be organized, categorized, and subsequently used to determine key assessment indicators to better understand the state of R&D. Thus, it offers an approach to then employ the indicators for benchmarking of India versus other leaders in oil & gas R&D, with the intention of identifying gaps and opportunities for innovative as well as incremental advances in important R&D areas. A few examples of such historical innovations are given, and the approach when employed for India then results in a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) - a summary that can be greatly beneficial as a starting point for planning and implementation efforts aimed at improvement of R&D contributions in this sector.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Paradigm Shifts in Electronics Enabled by Electrochemical Micro/Nano Processing
- Do insiders manipulate earnings when they sell their shares in an initial public offering?
- Investigation on performance and emission behaviour of a single cylinder diesel engine fuelled with mixture of cottonseed and sunflower biodiesel blends along with diesel
- Microelectronic Packaging Trends and the Role of Nanotechnology
- Inbound international tourism development in India: A panel data analysis on its affecting factors