The art, method,manner process and system of fibrous bio-degradable polymeric wafers for the local delivery of therapeutic agents in combinations
Source:Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Volume WO2013124869 A3, Number PCT/IN2013/000110, India (2013)
The present invention is related to flexible, fibrous, biocompatible and biodegradable polymeric wafer consisting of more than one polymeric fibres, each one loaded with different therapeutic agents having mutually exclusive synergistic activity. The wafer is capable of delivering the drugs locally in to the deceased site like tumor, inflammation, wound etc in a controlled and sustained fashion for enhanced therapeutic effect. The combination of drugs loaded in the wafer is chosen in such a way that the second or consecutive drugs will enhance or improve the therapeutic effect of the first drug
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Potential use of drug loaded nano composite pectin scaffolds for the treatment of ovarian cancer.
- Intraperiodontal pocket: An ideal route for local antimicrobial drug delivery
- Transferrin targeted core-shell nanomedicine for combinatorial delivery of doxorubicin and sorafenib against hepatocellular carcinoma
- Electrospun nanofibrous scaffolds-current status and prospects in drug delivery
- Thermo-responsive fibrinogen nanogels: a viable thermo-responsive drug delivery agent for breast cancer therapy?