Publication Type:

Journal Article

Source:

International Journal of nursing education, Volume 8, Issue 2 (2016)

URL:

http://iauabadeh.ac.ir/files/edo/ghodosi/english/3.pdf#page=216

Abstract:

A descriptive study was undertaken to assess the adjustment problems among adolescents residing in selected orphanage at Kerala, India. This study was aimed to identify adjustment problems of adolescents residing in orphanage as well as to fi nd out the association between adjustment problems of adolescents residing at orphanage with their socio - demographic variables. An information booklet was also developed on adjustment problems of adolescents residing in the orphanage and it’s coping strategies. A quantitative research approach has been used. The data was collected using socio demographic profi le and self administered rating scale on adjustment problems among adolescents residing in the orphanage. The data was analyzed using descriptive (frequency, percentage) and inferential (chi – square test and fi sher exact probability test) statistics. Among 100 adolescents in the orphanage, 71% of subjects had good adjustment and the remaining 29% had moderate adjustment. None of them had poor level of adjustment. There were signifi cant association between three demographic variables, education level of the adolescents ((χ2 = 3.918, df = 1, p< 0.05), parents living (χ2=8.114, df = 3, p<0.05) and visit by parents (p = 0.035). The investigation of adolescent adjustment problems among those residing in the orphanage is warranted to facilitate the development and implementation of established support system that prevents and decrease emotional and behavioural problems among institutionalized adolescents.

Cite this Research Publication

A. P. Thampi, Sreejamol M. G., and Joy, F. Elizabeth, “Assessment of Adjustment Problems among Adolescents Residing in Orphanage”, International Journal of nursing education, vol. 8, no. 2, 2016.

207
PROGRAMS
OFFERED
6
AMRITA
CAMPUSES
15
CONSTITUENT
SCHOOLS
A
GRADE BY
NAAC, MHRD
8th
RANK(INDIA):
NIRF 2018
150+
INTERNATIONAL
PARTNERS