Assessment of immunological parameters during tumour development in a murine model.
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, Volume 27, Number 6, p.497-501 (1989)
Keywords:animal, antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity, Antibody-Dependent Cell Cytotoxicity, article, cancer transplantation, Cytotoxic, cytotoxic t lymphocyte, cytotoxicity, Immunologic, immunology, Inbred BALB C, Killer Cells, lymphoma, Mice, mouse, mouse strain, Natural, natural killer cell, Neoplasm Transplantation, Non-U.S. Gov't, Support, T-Lymphocytes
Natural Killer activity assessed by 51Cr release assay from K-562 cells showed detectable activity from 5th day after tumour transplantation, reaching a peak on 12th day and thereafter showing a gradual decline in the activity. Antibody dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity estimated by 51Cr labelled sheep red blood cells anti SRBC system demonstrated a peak activity on 5th day. Cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity detected by 51Cr release of Dalton's lymphoma ascites target cells showed a peak on 10th day. Antibody complement mediated cytotoxicity revealed a similar pattern as natural killer cell activity.
cited By 4
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Modulatory potency of drum stick lectin on the host defense system
- Kinetics of NK cell activity during tumor development in a mouse model
- Augmentation of murine natural killer cell and antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity activities by Phyllanthus emblica, a new immunomodulator
- Detection of cytotoxic T lymphocytes in the EL4 mouse leukemia system: increased activity of immune spleen and peritoneal cells following preincubation and cell fractionation procedures
- Direct correlation between IL-2-R gene transcription and natural cell mediated cytotoxicity in patients with gastric carcinoma