Aticancer activity of chloroform extract of Helicteres ISORA
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, Volume 3, Number 2, p.2560-2564 (2011)
Keywords:alkaloid, antineoplastic activity, antineoplastic agent, article, breast cancer, cancer inhibition, carbohydrate, cell strain MCF 7, cell viability, concentration response, controlled study, drug cytotoxicity, drug potency, drug screening, flavonoid, Helicteres isora, Helicteres isora extract, human, human cell, phytochemistry, plant extract, Sterculiaceae, tannin derivative, unclassified drug
Helicteres isora belongs to the family sterculiaceae is an ayurvedic herb.it is distributed widely in forest throughout india and are commonly known as east india screw tree spi_sup1spii_sup. Is a medicinally important sub-deciduous shrub or small tree.almost all parts of the plant are used in traditional medicinal system for curing various diseases. its fruit,Root and bark possess significant antidiabetic. Antioxidant,Antimicrobial and hypolipidemic activity. the fruit of helicterusisora after collection,Authentication and drying was extracted with chloroform using soxhlet extractor.the present study was aimed to determine the preliminary phytochemical evaluation and cytotoxicity study of the chloroform extract of helicteres isora on MCF - 7 cell line (human breast cancer) by MTT assay method. the preliminary phytochemical evaluation showed the presence of carbohydrates,Flavonoids,Tannins and alkaloidsspi_sup2spii_sup.its cytotoxic evaluation showed a potent action against to MCF - 7 (michigan cancer foundation - 7) cell line.
cited By (since 1996)0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Isolation and evaluation of antimicrobial properties of isolated phytoconstituents of fruits of Helicteres isora Linn.
- Evaluation of traditional Indian antidiabetic medicinal plants for human pancreatic amylase inhibitory effect in vitro
- Free radical scavenging and antibacterial activity of Mirabilis jalapa Linn using in vitro models
- Anti-inflammatory evaluation of the cinnamomum malabatrum (burm. f).blume leaves using carrageenan induced rat paw oedema method
- PRELIMINARY PHYTOCHEMICAL SCREENING AND In-vitro CYTOTOXICITY ACTIVITY OF Peperomia pellucida Linn.