Etiopathogenesis of chronic inflammatory periodontitis
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 4, Number SUPPL.3, p.43-49 (2012)
Keywords:Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, aggressive periodontitis, alkaline phosphatase, alveolar bone, article, cell differentiation, cementum, chlorhexidine gluconate, chronic periodontitis, clinical feature, connective tissue, diagnostic test, disease classification, disease severity, epithelium, epithelium cell, ethnicity, fibroblast, fibronectin, Fusobacterium nucleatum, glycoprotein, human, mesenchyme cell, mouth hygiene, pathogenesis, periodontal disease, periodontal ligament, Porphyromonas gingivalis, preventive dentistry, Prevotella intermedia, proteoglycan, race difference, risk factor, sex difference, Tannerella forsythensis, tenascin, tooth brushing, tooth plaque, undulin
Periodontal diseases have been considered as" infections" in which microorganisms initiate and maintain the destructive inflammatory response. However, the nature of the periodontal disease resulting from dental plaque appears to depend to a large extent on the interaction among the bacterial agent, the environment, and the response of the host's defence mechanisms to the bacterial assault. A thorough understanding of the etiopathogenesis of periodontal disease has provided the clinicians and researchers with a number of diagnostic tools and technique that has widened the treatment options. Periodontitis, a disease involving supportive structures of the teeth prevails in all groups, ethnicities, races and both genders and dental plaque is considered as primary etiologic agent. A complete knowledge of the microbial factors, their pathogenicity as well as host factors are of the essential importance for pathogenesis of periodontal disease. In this way, it could be possible to treat the periodontal patients adequately.
cited By (since 1996)0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Comparative analysis of gingival crevicular fluid β-glucuronidase levels in health, chronic gingivitis and chronic periodontitis
- Comparison of the efficacy of subgingival irrigation with 2% povidone-iodine and tetracycline HCl in subjects with chronic moderate periodontitis: A clinico microbiological study.
- The effect of cigarette smoking on the severity of periodontal diseases among adults of Kothamangalam Town, Kerala
- Hypertension in Children and Adolescents: Epidemiology and Pathogenesis
- Hypertension in children and adolescents: epidemiology and pathogenesis.