Evaluation of serum glycoproteins in oral carcinoma
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, Volume 16, Number 1, p.113-115 (2001)
The present study was conducted on thirty untreated oral cancer patients proved by clinical and histopathological evidence and thirty healthy control subjects. The levels of glycoprotein-associated carbohydrates such as hexose, hexosamine, fucose and sialic acid were found to be elevated significantly as compared to control subjects. There was a progressive rise in these markers as the stages of oral cancer advanced.
cited By 6
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Metabolism of proteins and glycoproteins in tumour bearing mice treated with Aeromonas L-asparaginase.
- Serum immunoglobulins in patients with carcinoma of the oral cavity, uterine cervix and breast
- Role of Cytokines in the Pathogenesis of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Alteration of serum beta 2-microglobulin in oral carcinoma
- Chronic pancreatitis. A prospective nationwide study of 1,086 subjects from India