Fast prosody modification using instants of significant excitation
Publication Type:Conference Paper
Source:Proc Speech Prosody, Chicago, USA (2010)
The objective of this work is to propose a fast method for prosody modification using the instants of significant excitation. The proposed method is significantly faster than the existing method based on finding the instants using group-delay and using the LP residual for incorporating the desired prosody features. This is achieved by (i) using the zero frequency filtering (ZFF) method for finding the instants of significant excitation instead of group-delay, and (ii) direct manipulation of the speech waveform rather than the Linear Prediction (LP) residual. Subjective studies indicate that the modified speech is of good quality with minimum distortion.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Neutral to Target Emotion Conversion Using Source and Suprasegmental Information.
- Expressive speech synthesis using prosodic modification and dynamic time warping
- Improving the Flexibility of Dynamic Prosody Modification Using Instants of Significant Excitation
- Dynamic prosody modification using zero frequency filtered signal
- Improved method for epoch extraction in high pass filtered speech