GC-MS analysis of phytochemical compounds present in the rhizomes of Nervilia aragoana GAUD
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, Volume 6, Number SUPPL.3, p.68-74 (2013)
Keywords:1, 1 chloromethyl 2 fluorobenzene, 1 hydroxy 2, 11, 11 bromoundecanoic acid, 13 hexadecatriene, 2, 2 chloroethyllinoleate, 2 octenoic acid, 2 propylthiophene, 3 octanamine, 4 mesyloxyphenol, 5 hydrazinocarbonylimidazole, 5 nonanol, 5 tridecanol, 6, 6 tetramethyl 3 [4 nitroso 1 (piperazinylmethyl)piperidin 4 one], 8 dodecadien 1 ol, alcohol, article, ascorbic acid, drug identification, ether, heptadecanoic acid, isoamyllaureate, kojic acid, linoleic acid, mass fragmentography, methanol, Nervilia aragoana, Nervilia aragoana extract, Orchidaceae, palmitic acid, pentadecanoic acid, phthalic acid, phytochemistry, plant extract, plant medicinal product, rhizome, unclassified drug
Medicinal plants have had a crucial role in human culture and civilization. The rhizomes of the plant Nervilia aragoana were collected, washed, shade dried and powdered. Ethanol extract ether extract and methanol extract (from the marc of ether extract) were prepared by simple maceration process and soxhalation method. All the extracts were concentrated and analyzed using Gas Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy for the identification of biochemical components present in the rhizome of N. aragoana. A wide range of fatty acids, heterocyclic compound which are having anti fungal anti inflammatory antibiotic activity, skin conditioning property were identified so that it can be recommended as a plant of phytopharmaceutical importance.
cited By (since 1996)0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Free radical scavenging and antibacterial activity of Mirabilis jalapa Linn using in vitro models
- ISOLATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF FLAVONE GLYCOSIDE VITEXIN FROM PEPEROMIA PELLUCIDA LINN
- Evaluation of traditional Indian antidiabetic medicinal plants for human pancreatic amylase inhibitory effect in vitro
- Isolation and evaluation of antimicrobial properties of isolated phytoconstituents of fruits of Helicteres isora Linn.
- An overview on hepatoprotective activity of natural products