Health Awareness and Youth: A Study on the Impact of Visual and Caption on the Cigarette Packets on Youth.
Publication Type:Conference Paper
Source:International Conference on Communication and Media 2014(i-come'14) , Holiday Villa Beach Resort and Spa, Langkawi (2014)
Keywords:cigarette smoking, Factor Analysis, focus group discussion, Health consequence, visual impact
In recent times smoking has been considered as a synonym of youth. The Government of India has taken initiative to create awareness about the health consequences of smoking. The image on the cigarette packets to gorier and disturbing pictures is an example for the same. In this paper the researchers analyzed the impact of the warning caption and image on the cigarette packets on the youth. Based on survey method and focus group discussion it was found that the warning captions and visuals are not communicating the message in an appropriate way.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- The impact of a dedicated multidisciplinary, comprehensive care team on patient perceptions and quality of life in chronic pancreatitis
- Simulating consequences of smoking with Augmented Reality
- Automated lung cancer detection by the analysis of glandular cells in sputum cytology images using scale space features
- Bidi smoking and lung cancer incidence among males in Karunagappally cohort in Kerala, India
- Associations of Tobacco Use and Alcohol Drinking with Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer Risks among Men in Karunagappally, Kerala, India-Karunagappally Cohort Study