IL-11/IL11RA receptor mediated signaling: A web accessible knowledgebase
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Cell Communication and Adhesion, Volume 20, Number 3-4, p.81-86 (2013)
Keywords:article, cellular distribution, enzyme substrate, gene control, gene expression, human, human cell, interleukin 11, interleukin 11 receptor alpha, priority journal, protein protein interaction, protein transport
Interleukin-11 (IL-11) is a pleiotropic cytokine that belongs to gp130 family. It plays a significant role in the synthesis and maturation of hematopoietic cells, inhibition of adipogenesis, regulation of embryo implantation, and trophoblasts invasion. Although IL-11 signaling has been described in several biological processes, a centralized resource documenting these molecular reactions induced by IL-11 is not publicly available. In the current study, we have manually annotated the molecular reactions and interactions induced by IL-11 from literature available. We have documented 40 unique molecules involved in 18 protein-protein interactions, 26 enzyme-substrate reactions, 7 translocation events, and 4 activation/inhibition reactions. We have also annotated 23 genes reported to be differentially regulated under IL-11 stimulation. We have enabled the data availability in standard exchange formats from 'NetPath', a repository for signaling pathways. We believe that this will help in the identification of potential therapeutic targets in IL-11-associated disorders. © 2013 Informa Healthcare USA, Inc.
cited By (since 1996)0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- An integrated signal transduction network of macrophage migration inhibitory factor.
- Hes-1 regulates the excitatory fate of neural progenitors through modulation of Tlx3 (HOX11L2) expression
- Moving from unsequenced to sequenced genome: Reanalysis of the proteome of Leishmania donovani
- Sequential release of epigallocatechin gallate and paclitaxel from PLGA-casein core/shell nanoparticles sensitizes drug-resistant breast cancer cells
- Neglected tropical diseases and omics science: Proteogenomics analysis of the promastigote stage of leishmania major parasite