Indian medicinal plant, Coscinium fenestratum-A new bio source for the multifunctional bio active molecule–ecdysterone
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Herbal Medicine, Volume 3, Issue 1, p.9-12 (2014)
Phytochemical investigation on Coscinium fenestratum (Gaertn.) Collebr, an important Ayurvedic plant, revealed the presence of significant amounts of ecdysterone in the stem (0.22%) and leaves (0.12%), in addition to berberine. Ecdysterone was characterized using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR) and Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS). Isolation of this multi- functional bioactive compound will throw light on the chemical basis for the various pharmacological effects of Coscinium plant extract.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Biosynthesis and interconversion of phytoecdysones in Sesuvium portulacastrum L.
- Proteomic analysis of an unsequenced plant- Mangifera indica
- Isolation and evaluation of antimicrobial properties of isolated phytoconstituents of fruits of Helicteres isora Linn.
- Isolation of ecdysterone from Indian plants
- GC-MS, HPLC and AAS analysis of fatty acids, amino acids and minerals in red algae ampheroa anceps