Integrating Collaboration and Accessibility for Deploying Virtual Labs using VLCAP
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Transaction Journal of Engineering, Management, & Applied Sciences & Technologies , http://www.TuEngr.com, (2011)
Keywords:Virtual labs; Scalability; Collaboration; Authoring; Simulation; Remote labs; Animation.
The Virtual Labs Collaboration and Accessibility Platform (VLCAP) provides tools to further India’s National Mission project: the building of over 150 Virtual Labs (VL) for over 1450 multi-disciplinary undergraduate- and postgraduate-level experiments. VLCAP optimizes VL development and deployment costs and ensures a rich, consistent learning experience. Its multi-tier, scalable architecture allows VL builders to focus on their experiments. Its modules (VL workbench, collaborative content management, repositories) have axiomatically-designed interfaces that bring speed and efficiency to design. Its integration of user-management tasks (single sign-on, role-based access control, etc.) enhances flexibility without compromising security. The key accomplishments include its application of simulation VL and its provision of easily usable authoring tools, pre-configured templates, and management and assessment modules for instructors. VLCAP’s support of multiple deployment models, including the cloud, hosted, and mixed models, ensures scalable and reliable usage in hosted environments, and secure access for learners in remote locations.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Virtual Labs Collaborative & Accessibility Platform (VLCAP)
- Remote Triggered Solar Thermal Energy Parabolic Trough laboratory: Effective implementation and future possibilities for Virtual Labs
- Enhanced facilitation of biotechnology education in developing nations via virtual labs: analysis, implementation and case-studies
- A remote triggered wireless sensor network testbed
- Collaborative & Accessibility Platform for Distributed Virtual Labs