Intramolecular alder ene approach to stereochemical control over three contiguous stereogenic centres: Synthesis of (+-)-methyl cucurbate and (+-)-methyl epijasmonate
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Tetrahedron letters, Elsevier, Volume 35, Number 37, p.6907–6908 (1994)
The total synthesis of epijasmonoids, (±)-methyl cucurbate and (±)-methyl epijasmonate is described starting from aldehyde 14, where the key step is a highly stereocontrolled 5- (3,4) ene cyclization 17 → 18.
Cite this Research Publication
T. K. Sarkar, Ghorai, B. K., and Banerji, A., “Intramolecular alder ene approach to stereochemical control over three contiguous stereogenic centres: Synthesis of (+-)-methyl cucurbate and (+-)-methyl epijasmonate”, Tetrahedron letters, vol. 35, pp. 6907–6908, 1994.
Related Research Publications
- Remarkable Effect of Fullerenes on Low-Valent Titanium Mediated Organic Reaction
- Low-valent titanium: New synthetic applications (Invited contribution)
- A novel intramolecular 1, 2-arene-alkene photocycloaddition
- Intramolecular photorearrangement of a 2-alkenyl-4-chromanone to an oxapentacyclotetradecanedione
- A novel intramolecular arene–alkene photocycloaddition in 2-alkenyl naphtha-4-chromanones—a short route to functionalised multicyclic systems