A mathematical derivation to prove reduced denture retention in V shaped palate
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Journal of Indian Prosthodontist Society, Springer India, Volume 14, Number 2, p.169-171 (2014)
<p>The impact of oral health on the quality of life of older individuals have significantly increased over the last few decades. Edentulism substantially affect oral and general health and overall quality of life. Complete denture retention is the resistance to displacement of the denture base away from the ridge which is the main source of psychological comfort for the patient. Special retention problems are seen in patients exhibiting highly tapered steep palatal vault. In these cases a metal base or subsequent bench cure reline procedure would be incorporated into the initial treatment plan. In this article, we have derived a mathematical proof for the clinical experience that reduction in the palatal angle, results in lesser denture retention. © Indian Prosthodontic Society 2014.</p>
cited By 1
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- A Mathematical Derivation to Prove Reduced Denture Retention in V Shaped Palate
- Mandibular implant-supported overdenture: An in vitro comparison of ball, bar, and magnetic attachments
- Intraoral schwannoma–a report of two cases.
- Cross-Cheek Dumbbell-Shaped Radial Forearm Flap for Simultaneous Correction of Oral Cancer and Submucous Fibrosis.
- Organisation structure, reward and communication design for implementation of knowledge management solution