A novel method for seizure prediction based on autoregressive modelling and a real-time error correction algorithm
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Research India Publications, Volume 10, Number 10, p.25475-25492 (2015)
Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of the central nervous system that causes individuals to experience recurrent seizures. Epilepsy is identified as the world’s second most common brain disorder after stroke affecting nearly and over 40 million people worldwide. The work presented in this paper describes a novel method to predict the EEG (Electroencephalogram) signal with maximum possible accuracy. The feature used for the entire signal analysis and prediction is AR (Autoregression) Coefficients. The predicted signal was found to be highly accurate with least Root Mean Square Error. The classification and detection of seizure from the predicted signal is left for future implementation. © Research India Publications.
cited By 0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Neonatal seizures and epilepsies
- Summary of recommendations for the management of infantile seizures: Task Force Report for the ILAE Commission of Pediatrics
- Innovations in epilepsy management- An overview
- Clinical profile and treatment outcome of febrile infection-related epilepsy syndrome in South Indian children.
- The mortality and morbidity of febrile seizures