Novel spectrophotometric method for the determination of pindolol in pharmaceutical samples
Publication Type:Conference Paper
Source:AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 1391, Calicut, Kerala, p.369-371 (2011)
A new facile and sensitive spectrophotometric determination of Pindolol (PDL), a beta blocker drug has been developed and validated. The method was based on the reaction between pindolol and K 3 [Fe(CN) 6] in presence of FeCl 3 to form Prussian blue. The absorbance values were recorded at 700 nm and a calibrated graph was constructed. A dynamic Beer's law range was observed in the range 0.125-2.5μgmL -1 with a detection limit of 0.03μgmL -1 and a quantitation limit of 0.08μgmL -1. Various experimental parameters such as effect of solvents, stability, interference effects due to excipients etc were studied. The reproducibility of this methods were checked by six replicate determinations at 1.0μgml -1 PDL and the standard deviation was found to be between 0.20 and 0.42%. The results were statistically compared with those of the reference/literature method by applying Student's t-test and F-test. The sensitivity, simplicity, temperature independence and stability of the colored product are the advantages of the proposed method and it is also free from extraction steps and use of carcinogenic solvents. © 2011 American Institute of Physics.
cited By (since 1996)0; Conference of org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.DOMAdapter@46b2b840 ; Conference Date: org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.DOMAdapter@7f5e9602 Through org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.DOMAdapter@1aca9ea2
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method for the estimation of asenapine maleate in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation
- Development and validation of spectrophotometric method for chrysophanol in gel formulations
- Revised ciprofloxacin breakpoints for Salmonella: Is it time to write an obituary?
- Development and validation of RP- HPLC method for determination of ticagrelor in pharmaceutical dosage formulation
- Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous estimation of citicoline and piracetam in tablet dosage form