Performance Evaluation of a Solar Desalination System Integrated with a Fresnel Lens Concentrator
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Volume 6, Issue 1 (2016)
The purpose of this research work is to develop a water desalination unit that could efficiently produce potable water by evaporation and condensation; integrated with a Fresnel lens solar concentrator. The experimental setup consists of a heater tank powered with a Fresnel lens concentrator for pre-heating the water and a desalination unit. The objective of the work is to evaluate the enhancement in the performance of the system and was compared with the existing desalination unit. The study shows that Fresnel lens concentrator alone as pre-heating device can improve the yield of the desalination system up to 30.8 liters with an efficiency of 55%.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- A novel application of concentrated solar thermal energy in foundries.
- Experimental Analysis on Heat Transfer Enhancement of Double Pipe Heat Exchanger using Alumina/Water Nanofluid and Baffled Twisted Tape Inserts
- Heat transfer studies in a spiral plate heat exchanger for water- palm oil two phase system
- Solvent uptake and accelerated solar aging studies of cotton- Polypropylene commingled composite systems
- Kinetics and mass transfer models for sorption of titanium industry effluent in activated carbon