Positive influence of methotrexate-hydroxychloroquine combination on the expression of GM-CSF receptor on neutrophils of synovial fluid in rheumatoid arthritis
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, Volume 21, Number 2, p.49-52 (2006)
Keywords:adult, Arthropathy, article, cell isolation, clinical article, controlled study, enzyme immunoassay, female, granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor receptor, human, hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate, neutrophil, rheumatoid arthritis, salazosulfapyridine, synovial fluid
Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) has been inducted as a mediator of inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis. Methotrexate combination therapy forms an important component of the treatment regimen in rheumatoid arthritis. The present study was undertaken to evaluate the influence of Methotrexate-Hydroxychloroquine (MTX-HCQ) combination and Sulfsalazine- Hydroxychloroquine (SSZ-HCQ) combination on the expression GM-CSFR in neutrophils isolated from synovial fluids. 15 cases of confirmed rheumatoid arthritis patients who presented at the hospital for surgical correction of joint deformities were selected for the study. Neutrophils isolated from the synovial fluids were used as the source of the receptor for quantitation on an enzyme immunoassay (EIA). The EIA was developed and standardized in our laboratory for quantification of the GM-CSF R. The findings are suggestive of the fact that the administration of MTX-HCQ combination has positive influence on the expression of the GM-CSF R on neutrophils as against SSZ-HCQ combination. The physiological basis of this increase needs further investigation.
cited By 1
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Differential proteomic analysis of synovial fluid from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis patients
- Possible role of granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor receptor (GM-CSF R) in malaria
- Synovial fluid proteome in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Double-blind, randomized, controlled, pilot study comparing classic ayurvedic medicine, methotrexate, and their combination in rheumatoid arthritis
- Vesicular systems in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis