Preliminary analytical study of Rasnasapthakam kashayam - An Ayurvedic polyherbal formulation
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Medicinal Plants and Natural Products(IJMPNP), Volume 1, Issue 2, p.4-7 (2015)
Keywords:Chromatography, osteoarthritis, Rasnasapthakam kasayam, Sandhigatavata
Rasnasapthakam kasayam is purely a polyherbal product commonly used for the management of sandhigata vata .It’s a decoction prepared out of seven herbs having water soluble active ingredients namely Rasna(Alpinia galanga wil) Amrutha (Tinospora cordifolia.Willd) Aragwadha assia fistula Linn) Devadaru (Cedrus deodara roxb ) Trikantak (Tribulus terrestris ) Eranda ( Ricinus communis Linn) Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa Linn). Lack of standardization of poly-herbal formulations creates difficulty in validation of the efficacy and maintaining quality of the product. Hence an attempt has been made to study Rasnasapthakam kasayam by analyzing through qualitative and quantative physiochemical parameters and to develop fingerprints of High performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC). Four major peaks with RF values 0.22, 0.48, 0.54 and 0.77 were found in HPTLC graph. The data obtained in the present study will help to maintain the quality of the formulation.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Pharmacognostical and Physico-Chemical Evaluation of Siddhartaka Choorna- A Poly Herbal Compound in the Management of Psoriasis
- Quantitative analysis of valsartan in tablets formulations by high performance thin-layer chromatography
- A validated hptlc determination of an angiotensin receptor blocker Olmesartan Medoxomil from tablet dosage form
- An analytical study on panchavalkala choorna-a poly herbal compound in the management of psoriasis
- Isolation and evaluation of antimicrobial properties of isolated phytoconstituents of fruits of Helicteres isora Linn.