Selective deprotection of ethers by low-valent titanium: facile cleavage of propargyl ethers
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Synlett, Thieme, Number 8, p.581–582 (1993)
Selective deprotection of propargyl ethers of alcohols and phenols (12 examples) in the presence of allyl, benzyl and methyl ethers by low-valent titanium (TiCl3-Mg-THF) is reported. Ease of cleavage is in the order propargyl > allyl > benzyl.
Cite this Research Publication
S. K. Nayak, Kadam, S. M., and Banerji, A., “Selective deprotection of ethers by low-valent titanium: facile cleavage of propargyl ethers”, Synlett, pp. 581–582, 1993.
Related Research Publications
- Low-valent titanium: New synthetic applications (Invited contribution)
- Low-Valent Titanium Mediated Deprotection of N-Allyl/Benzyl Amines: A New Approach
- Low-valent titanium: a new approach to deprotection of allyl and benzyl groups
- A facile radical induced selective removal of N-propargyl protecting groups using low valent titanium reagents
- Activation of low-valent titanium reagents with iodine: Facile low-temperature mcmurry reaction and n/o-debenzylation/deallylation